Sunday, December 5, 2010

DIARY ENTRY 2

24 November 2011

Sitting here in this cramped space, i wonder how normal NORMAL would be for me. I don’t think I will ever be able to look at anything in the same way again. It’s one of the more stranger ablilities of the human mind I think-it learns how to adjust, and how to forget, in time.

It’s been an entire day and a half since my family and I took safety in this shelter, but it somehow feels like I have been here much longer. Not because I have adjusted to the place like my second home or anything. But because I realize now that I have no other option. It seems like I have hit a dead end with life; like all I have left to do is inch by every second more, desperately trying to keep myself alive, waiting for the souds of footstep on the other side of the tiny wooden door.

The whole day passed at the same slow pace in endless monotony; my father and my mother sitting on one end of the room, talking quietly, my sister crying noiselessly in mom’s lap. We had given up trying to contact my relatives; dad suspected that the invaders must have bombed the entire communications line. Again, there is noting for us to do but wait.

It is 11:42 pm; my watch, which I never take off, is the only source of time in this place. I think I will sleep now, because that seems like the only way to escape this constant fear- fear for yourself, fear for the ones you love, fear for what will happen to the world you spend your entire life building for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment