Sunday, December 5, 2010

DIARY ENTRY 4

26 November 2011

Its 7:30 pm here now, and I don’t think I have endured a longer day.  I haven’t done anything except sit in a corner and keep to myself, only taking a break when my mum gave me the usual granola bar to much on. That was my meal for a day. So it was pretty much natural that by now I was starving.

My sister was getting worse with her longing to get out. My mother frustrated with her and with herself, spent most of the time trying to soothe my sister. I also caught her crying a bit as she put my sister to sleep. My father just mostly sat round trying to keep himself busy. I knew what he was doing. He was trying to get rid of the unvarying panic from his head. Sometimes I wondered if I was more like him than my mum even though I had been told by everyone I ever met that I was a carbon copy of my mum. There is no one now to make comparisons, no one to even laugh or talk to. Somehow even though we are the only ones left for each other, the silence amongst us had intensified rather than diminish. I think,

Wait, I hear something. I don’t know what. There should be no sounds here. Noone comes here. I…………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment